Contract conditions within the scope of purchase contracts that are concluded via the website www.dna-repair-conference.berlin – hereinafter called “Website” –
Max Delbrück Centrum für Molekulare Medizin
in der Helmholtz Gemeinschaft
USt.-Identifikationsnummer: DE-811 261 930
– hereinafter called “Vendor“ –
the users of this Website in accordance with § 2 of this general terms and conditions (GTC) document – hereinafter called “Customer“.
§ 1 Scope of Application
The business relationship between the Vendor and the Customer shall be governed exclusively by the GTC in effect at the time the Customer placed its order. Any variation to these Terms and Conditions shall be inapplicable unless expressly acknowledged in writing by the Vendor.
§ 2 Conclusion of Contract
(1) The Customer can select from different ticket options for the Symposium “Frontiers in DNA Repair” and save it in a shopping basket by pressing the “in shopping basket“ button. By using the button “binding order“, the Customer submits a binding offer for the purchase of the goods in the respective shopping basket. The Customer may alter and view the data before the purchase order is sent.
(2) The Vendor will then automatically send an acknowledgement of receipt named “Your Symposium Frontiers in DNA Repair order receipt“ via e-mail to the Customer, in which the order is listed and which can be printed by the Customer by clicking the “print”-icon. The Customer’s order (1) represents a binding offer with the content of the shopping basket. The acceptance of the offer by the Vendor is represented by the acknowledgement of receipt (order confirmation), which summarizes the content of the order. In this e-mail or in a separate e-mail, the text of the contract (consisting of the order, and acknowledgement of receipt and invoice) will be send to the Customer as lasting data carrier (e-mail or print out.) The contractual text is archived in agreement with Berlin Data Protection Law.
(3) The contract shall be concluded in English.
§ 3 Terms of Payment
(1) The Customer may carry out the payment by PayPal or by credit card. Credit card payment is processed via Stripe. The data provided by the Customer is transmitted via an encrypted connection (https). Credit card information is not saved on our server at any time.
(2) The payment of the purchase price is due immediately with the conclusion of the contract.
§ 4 Prices
(1) All prices indicated on the Vendor’s Website are not subject to value-added tax.
§ 5 Liability
(1) Vendor shall be fully liable for intent and gross negligence as well as for damages resulting from injury to life, body or health. In case of ordinary or slight negligence, vendor shall be liable only for breaches of a material contractual obligation.
(2) In the event of culpable breach of substantial contractual obligations, liability in accordance with the above clauses shall be limited to the typical, foreseeable damages.
(3) The restrictions of clauses 1 and 2 also apply in favor of legal representatives and performing agents for the Vendor, if claims are aimed directly at them.
(4) The provisions of Products Liability Law remain unaffected.
(5) The Vendor is not liable for damage, theft or loss of any item brought with the participants.
§ 6 Data processing
(1) The Vendor will collect the Customer’s data within the scope of contract implementation in accordance with the Federal German Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the Telemedia Act (TMG). The Vendor will only collect, process and use inventory and utilization data of the customer with the Customer’s prior and explicit consent and as insofar this is necessary for the implementation of the contract and usage and clearance of teleservices.
(2) Without the Customer’s consent, the Vendor will not use the Customer’s data for commercial purposes, public opinion or market research.
(3) Please note our data security statement.
§ 7 Program changes
The organizer reserves the right to change the program content due to important reasons. In justified cases, the organizer is entitled to have the talks given from others than those stated. In such cases, the participant is not entitled to withdraw from the contract or to demand a price reduction.
§ 8 Final provisions
(1) All contracts between the Vendor and the Customer are based on German law under the exclusion of the UN Convention on Contracts for International Sale.
(2) If the Customer is a business person, a corporate body organized under public law or a separate entity under public law, the court of jurisdiction for all contractual disputes between the Vendor and the Customer will be the place where the Vendor is registered.
(3) In the event that individual provisions of the agreement are legally invalid, the remaining provisions shall remain in force. In place of the inefficacious regulation, where available, the legal regulations shall apply. If adherence to the contract would present unreasonable hardship for a party of the contract, the contract becomes invalid.
§ 9 Online dispute resolution in accordance with Art. 14 (1) ODR-VO
The european commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution (OS) which is accessible at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.